[BRLTTY] can not use brltty with handytech Braille display

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon Mar 29 00:36:52 EDT 2010

[quoted lines by Moty Azrad on 2010/03/28 at 21:14 +0300]

>I'm using windows7 OS and tried to use Brltty with NVDA.
>i'm using Baum Supervario 40 and this one I can use properly with NVDA BUT
>IN THIS Braille display I have some emulations so the second one is
>HANDYTECH.
>When I use this emulation and try to connect my baum Braille display with
>brltty - nothing happens and no errors appear.
>Should I install a specific driver for Handytech?

I assume you're using the Baum driver with a serial port. In this case it
doesn't automatically try the other emulations. You can ask it to, though, by
specifying the baum-specific driver parameter protocols=all. You can do this
via the -B (note that this is in uppercase) command line option. For example:

   -Bbm:protocols=all

You can also do this via a braille-parameters line in brltty.conf. For example:

   braille-parameters bm:protocols=all

Another choice you have is to use the HandyTech driver. It's two-letter
identifier is ht.