[BRLTTY] Two problems with Pegasus display from Deininger

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Wed Mar 31 21:49:38 EDT 2010

[quoted lines by Sebastian Humenda on 2010/03/31 at 19:06 +0200]

>I have two problems, which might or might not be related to the
>Pegasus driver:
>
>* Since I use a key table (laptop.ktb with changes) it happens from time to
>  time, that a key stays pressed, though I don't press it/I released the
>  finger. When I type fast, the result is something like this:
>    I wantttttttttt to be rich.
>  The problem is, that I can't reproduce it, it happens seemingly by chance.
>  I noticed something similar when I worked with brltty, configured to use a
>  usb-display and the display wasn't plugged onto the computer. My
>  configuration is:
>===
>braille-driver	auto
>braille-device	usb:
>text-table	de
>contraction-table	de-kurzschrift
>speech-driver sd
>===

This has nothing to do with the braille driver. It'd be a problem with the
Linxx keyboard event handler. Are you able to build and test the latest
development code to see if the problem still exists? It's possible that a
recent fix has resolved problems like the one you're describing.

>* The first routing key doesn't work at all. I guess I can find out more about
>  in a log file. When I start brltty with the debug option, for what should I
>  look for?

You want to specify the -ldebug option to log as much as possible, as well as
the -e option so that logs are written to standard error. You also then want to
use 2> to redirect standard error to a known file.

Another thing I'd like you to do first, assuming you can build from source, is
to turn on input packet logging. This is done by editing the file
Programs/driver.c, changing the value of logInputPackets from 0 to 1, and
rebuilding brltty.