[BRLTTY] strange problem with windows forms app

marquats at studi.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de marquats at studi.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de
Sat Nov 20 07:07:20 EST 2010

> Are you perhaps using threads?  IIRC people have reported issues
> with threads on windows, which I haven't investigated yet.

> Samuel

The first I have tried was to call brlapi_readKey() from a self-started
thread.

As it didn't work, I tried it without an additional thread:
In the function main I call brlapi_openConnection() and
brlapi_enterTtyModeWithPath().
After that, the main window is created. When a key (on the PC keyboard) is
entered, the event handling method calls brlapi_acceptAllKeys(),
brlapi_readKey (1, &key) or brlapi_readKey (0, &key), depending on the
pressed key. With this I did some testing, and it still didn't work, as I
have described in the last mail. All works, except receiving keys from the
braille terminal.

Now I have also tried to call all brlapi_.. methots within one call of an
event handling method, from ..openConnection to ..readKey, but it still
doesn't work.

I had forgotten to attach the log file, here it is.

Greets, Thomas Marquardt