[BRLTTY] strange problem with windows forms app

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Sun Nov 21 19:51:50 EST 2010

Hello,

marquats at studi.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de, le Sat 20 Nov 2010 13:07:20 +0100, a écrit :
> As it didn't work, I tried it without an additional thread:
> In the function main I call brlapi_openConnection() and
> brlapi_enterTtyModeWithPath().
> After that, the main window is created. When a key (on the PC keyboard) is
> entered, the event handling method calls brlapi_acceptAllKeys(),
> brlapi_readKey (1, &key) or brlapi_readKey (0, &key), depending on the
> pressed key. With this I did some testing, and it still didn't work, as I
> have described in the last mail. All works, except receiving keys from the
> braille terminal.

I believe writing text on the braille device doesn't work either.

> brltty.exe: Received AcceptKeyRanges request on fd 3
> brltty.exe: range: [0000000000000000..ffffffffffffffff]
> brltty.exe: adding range [0(0)..ffffffff(ffffffff)]
> brltty.exe: read : Connection reset by peer (connection on fd 3)
> brltty.exe: Client on fd 3 did not give up control of tty 0000000000 properly
> brltty.exe: Releasing tty 0000000000

As you said, this is odd: something is unexpectedly closing the
connection in your application.

Could you perhaps add some brlapi_writeText() calls in your code to find
out which ones still have a working connection before it gets closed?

Samuel