[BRLTTY] BRLTTY on Windows

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Sat Sep 25 17:25:47 EDT 2010

Øyvind Lode, le Sat 25 Sep 2010 23:14:44 +0200, a écrit :
> I use a Papenmeier Braillex EL 80s display connected via USB.
> I have the Papenmeier drivers installed and currently use it with JFW on
> Windows 7 64-bit.
>
> Will I be able to use BRLTTY 4.2.3 on Windows 7 64-bit?

Brltty should work fine, yes. Please report any issue with it.

> Can I have both BRLTTY and the Papenmeier driver installed at the same time?

It depends on how the Papenmeir driver works. Since it's proprietary we
can't say anything but what users report, so please try and tell us.

If the driver provides a virtual COM port that BRLTTY could use, then
it should be just fine, don't tell BRLTTY to install any USB driver or
filter and just use the COM port.

If it doesn't, then you may try to install the libusb-win32 filter
and see whether stopping JFW before starting BRLTTY works. I has been
reported that previous versions of the libusb-win32 filter makes windows
7 64bit hang, but recent versions should fix this. Again, please try and
report: as none of us has windows7, we can't test ourselves.

Samuel