[BRLTTY] BRLTTY for Windows not working

marquats at studi.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de marquats at studi.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de
Mon Sep 27 10:34:00 EDT 2010

>> Now The braille terminal (Handytech Braille Star 40) is recognized by
brltty, but my test prog can't open the connection: the function
brlapi_openConnection returns -1.

> Please use brlapi_perror("open") to print the error message.

I had forgotten the authentication, sorry. It works now, at least the
output to the braille terminal with brlapi_writeText() and
brlapi_writeDots() :)

But reading the braille characters (dot patterns) does not work. Presses
of one dot work. Presses of two dots work mostly, except:
14, 23, 27 and 37.
Maybe these are special commands? But I have called brlapi_acceptAllKeys()
before.
Presses of more than two dots don't work at all, brlapi_readKey() returns
always the same bit-pattern, with bit 29 set only.

> Are you compiling your test prog in cygwin too?

No, with Visual C++.

Greets, Thomas Marquardt