[BRLTTY] BRLTTY for Windows not working

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Mon Sep 27 10:56:43 EDT 2010

marquats at studi.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de, le Mon 27 Sep 2010 16:34:00 +0200, a écrit :
> But reading the braille characters (dot patterns) does not work. Presses
> of one dot work. Presses of two dots work mostly, except:
> 14, 23, 27 and 37.
> Maybe these are special commands? But I have called brlapi_acceptAllKeys()
> before.

Then there shouldn't be any problem: BrlAPI does not treat dot patterns
in any particular case, it's just an 8bit value. You could run brltty in
debug mode to get more debug output.

You said your device was a Handytech Braille Star 40. Perhaps there are
some special things there? Do these dot presses work when using brltty
alone without a BrlAPI client?

> Presses of more than two dots don't work at all, brlapi_readKey() returns
> always the same bit-pattern, with bit 29 set only.
>
> > Are you compiling your test prog in cygwin too?
>
> No, with Visual C++.

Ok. It was just for the connection issue but you said you solved it.
Just curious: was just providing the .h files and the .def file fine
enough for you to use the brlapi library?  Would you suggest anything
more?

Samuel