[BRLTTY] Help with building brltty in Cygwin

Lee Maschmeyer leemer1 at comcast.net
Wed Aug 10 13:57:41 EDT 2011

Hi Patricia,

People have different ways of dealing with Cygwin. My philosophy is to
try to make it act as nearly like Linux as possible. So:

I haven't done a Cygwin build in a month but I think
things are still the same.

I've never used relocatable install. I don't use it on Linux and
didn't on Cygwin.

I had best luck using GCC 3 and --disable-caml-bindings.

So, here's the way I did it. This is off the top of my head and may
contain minor grammar problems but this is basically right:

set-gcc-default-3.sh # This script is in /bin in case it's not marked executable

./autogen && ./configure --disable-caml-bindings && make

killall brltty

make install && brltty

HTH,

--

Lee Maschmeyer

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear
to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than
what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."
     --Lewis Carroll