[BRLTTY] Help with building brltty in Cygwin

Patricia Fraser pfraser at harpo.com.pl
Thu Aug 11 03:15:08 EDT 2011

Hi Lee,

On 10/08/2011 19:57, Lee Maschmeyer wrote:
> Hi Patricia,
>
> People have different ways of dealing with Cygwin. My philosophy is to
> try to make it act as nearly like Linux as possible. So:
>
> I haven't done a Cygwin build in a month but I think
> things are still the same.
>
> I've never used relocatable install. I don't use it on Linux and
> didn't on Cygwin.
>
> I had best luck using GCC 3 and --disable-caml-bindings.
>
> So, here's the way I did it. This is off the top of my head and may
> contain minor grammar problems but this is basically right:
>
> set-gcc-default-3.sh # This script is in /bin in case it's not marked executable
>
> ./autogen&&  ./configure --disable-caml-bindings&&  make
>
> killall brltty
>
> make install&&  brltty

Thanks, I'll try that! I'm currently playing with ways to get Cygwin to
see where java is on the system, since that also seems to be a problem.

I guess relocatable install isn't really needed for my testing purposes,
but at some point I'd like to build a win version that can be released 8-).

Cheers!

Patricia Fraser			   pfraser at harpo.com.pl
		Find us on Facebook:
	   www.facebook.com/harpo.braille
International Sales and Support	   Tel: +48 61 853 1425
Harpo Sp. z o. o.		   Fax: +48 61 853 1419
	ul. 27 Grudnia 7, 61-737 Poznań, Poland
www.mountbattenbrailler.com	   www.braillepen.com
www.piaf-tactile.com		   www.auto-lektor.com