[BRLTTY] Screen not in text mode

David Reynolds dkreynolds at ntlworld.com
Tue Aug 16 08:34:18 EDT 2011

Hello,

I'm using brltty in conjunction with orca under vinux 3.2.

Orca doesn't ship with a .conf file for brltty, so I made one myself, just
two lines, specifying device and port. Orca correctly spawns the brltty
process, but comes up with a message on the Braille display saying:

Screen not in text mode

The only way to get around this seems to be to go into a terminal session,
kill the brltty process then restart it manually. Once this is done, all
seems to work fine, but I'd like it if it started automatically without
having to go through this process.

Do I need something else in my .conf file, or is there something else I
could change to correct this problem.

Many thanks,

David.