[BRLTTY] The BrailleNote Apex QT Debacle

Sabahattin Gucukoglu mail at sabahattin-gucukoglu.com
Tue Aug 16 10:54:08 EDT 2011

On 16 Aug 2011, at 15:47, Dave Mielke wrote:
[quoted lines by Sabahattin Gucukoglu on 2011/08/16 at 13:47 +0100]
>> One of HumanWare's engineers finally made an appearance of HumanWare's mailing
>> list, stating for the record what we had hitherto only suspected: that they
>> buggered up with the latest KeySoft release, breaking protocol compatibility
>> for QT users, and that a patch would introduce a toggle for either the old or
>> new protocol.  The old protocol would be compatible with brltty; the new,
>> until we have documentation, would not.  The old protocol uses home-row input;
>> the new does not, doing QT (QWERTY) pass-through.
>
> I have the documentation now. What I lack is the ability to test my changes as I
> don't have access to a device.

Great, things are picking up just when I make plans to give up.  In fact, if Apple get the message, the switch HW are introducing could be completely redundant.  But unless anything changes, I'm no longer an Apex QT user.

Anybody else willing to put their Apex QT to the test with brltty?

Cheers,
Sabahattin