[BRLTTY] [Braillenote] Re: The BrailleNote Apex QT Debacle

Sabahattin Gucukoglu mail at sabahattin-gucukoglu.com
Tue Aug 16 12:05:39 EDT 2011

On 16 Aug 2011, at 16:44, Joseph Lee wrote:
> If only support for USB keyboards in braille terminal is here, then I'd be willing to work with Orca over USB connection to see if it works with Linux.  I'm sure there would be some of us who'd like to test it for you (the question is assiing them with learning about Linux and brltty things).

I don't know what the current state of desktop Linux is, but USB is a bit tricky because you need to automatically set up the serial port it represents and then get brltty started using it in order for plug-and-pray to work.  It should theoretically be possible using Hal, but I've never seen it done.  Keyboards should be fine.

If you want to volunteer, consider joining the brltty list.  Some willingness to be brave and adventurous is required, as well as a willingness to learn and "Get technical".  Linux is for technically-minded people by technically-minded people and it shows.

Cheers,
Sabahattin