[BRLTTY] BRLTTY 4.3 and multithreading

marquats at studi.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de marquats at studi.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de
Wed Aug 24 06:01:22 EDT 2011

> Samuel Thibault, le Wed 17 Aug 2011 20:00:14 +0200, a écrit :
>> I tried to trigger the bug in a
>> multithreaded application which concurrently calls readKey() and
>> writeText(), but couldn't reproduce any issue, neither in the cygwin
>> build nor in the mingw build.
> I forgot to ask: I didn't find a code snippet from you that triggers the
> issue. Could you send me some?
> Samuel

Hello,

a zip-file with a Visual C++ application (windows forms app) is attached,
which I have used to try the dots input with Cygwin-compiled BRLTTY.

After starting BRLTTY and then the program, press 'i' and then 'a' to
initialize BRLAPI (see method Form1_KeyPress in file Form1.h to see how it
works). Then press 'd' to output dot patterns, 't' to output text, 'g' to
test for braille input. This I have tested but it did not work, as
described.

My intention is to start a thread (class BrlThread in file SAPI-test.cpp)
which constantly waits for braille input and delivers it to other threads
of the application. The attached version of the app doesn't start this
thread, however.

I haven't got the braille terminal any more, which I used for the test.
Maybe I can lend it again soon, to try the new brltty-win-4.3-x.exe

Greets, Thomas Marquardt