[BRLTTY] [SPAM] Re: Alva BC640 question

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sat Aug 27 20:24:18 EDT 2011

[quoted lines by Jason White on 2011/08/28 at 10:11 +1000]

>I don't understand what you mean here. Bluetooth and USB are entirely separate
>matters, so the fact that Bluetooth isn't working for you at the moment
>reveals nothing about whether USB works or not.

In this case, he was just giving me two pieces of information in one answer.

>Can you test on real hardware, i.e., by running Linux directly on the physical
>machine, without virtualization? A virtual machine adds a lot of extra
>complexity into the situation, especially when it comes to USB devices.

Yes, this could indeed be the case in this situation. It could be, for example,
that the real host is claiming the BC640's keyboard. It'd indeed be best if we
could test on a real host.

Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | 2011 May 21 is the End of Salvation.