[BRLTTY] Alva firmware

Lee Maschmeyer leemer1 at comcast.net
Sun Aug 28 16:44:35 EDT 2011

Hi folks,

I'm very interested in the BC640. A dealer is coming to my place
(Detroit) on Tuesday to show it to me since I'm almost certain to buy
it.

I've heard there needs to be firmware that's new enough in order for
it to work with brltty. In reviewing the README in
Drivers/Braille/Alva I was reminded of the firmware change in 1995. Is
this the relevant one or is there a newer change to consider?

Thanks,

--

Lee Maschmeyer

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear
to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than
what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."
     --Lewis Carroll