[BRLTTY] [SPAM] Re: Alva BC640 question

Lee Maschmeyer leemer1 at comcast.net
Mon Aug 29 09:02:54 EDT 2011

For what it's worth, I use the run-brltty script from the top level of
the brltty build tree. This executes the newly-built brltty without
installing it, so I can make sure everything's working. In other
words:

./autogen && ./configure -q && make -s
killall brltty
./run-brltty

When it works I know the new version is functioning properly so I do:

killall brltty && rm -fr /etc/brltty && make -s uninstall && make -s install && brltty

I remove the stuff in /etc in case I've been doing anything in that
directory that might have left some junk around, like backup files etc.

Just my two cents worth,

--

Lee Maschmeyer

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear
to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than
what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."
     --Lewis Carroll