[BRLTTY] HIDE CURSOR

Phillip subversivo666 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 06:08:44 EST 2011

 I will try to explain as much as possible.

We are developing display braille. In our case , we haven´t hardware part
yet but we have prototype that represents the final product, was that
boards that you saw on the youtube´s video. And we have a huge problem, our
hardware have some different skills that others displays in the market
doesn´t have. One skill that our display will have is the cursor system.
This system will be done in the hardware, by microcontroller and not in the
driver BRLTTY. So, when the user press the arrows keys of keyboard for
navigation into text, the driver can´t move the cursor. Because the
navigation in the text will be make by buttons in the own hardware.

This is the construct method code of our driver:

 static int brl_construct(BrailleDisplay *brl, char **parameters, const
char *device) {

{
static const DotsTable dots = { 0X10, 0X20, 0X40, 0X08, 0X04, 0X02, 0X80,
0X01 };
makeOutputTable(dots, outputTable);
}

if (!isSerialDevice(&device))
return 0;

if ((serialDevice = serialOpenDevice(device))) {
static const int baud = 9600;
charactersPerSecond = baud / 10;
if (serialRestartDevice(serialDevice, baud)) {
if (serialSetParity(serialDevice, SERIAL_PARITY_NONE)) {
brl->textColumns = textColumns;
brl->textRows = textRows;
if ((outputBuffer = malloc(brl->textColumns))) {
memset(outputBuffer, 0, brl->textColumns);
enqueueCommand(BRL_CMD_CSR | BRL_FLG_TOGGLE_OFF);
return 1;
}
}
}
}

 serialCloseDevice(serialDevice);
serialDevice = NULL;
return 0;
}

You can see, i have been call enqueueCommand(BRL_CMD_CSRVIS |
BRL_FLG_TOGGLE_OFF) method, like you taught. But even with this line of
code, my driver BRLTTY still do the same thing, move and show the cursor
when the user press the arrow keys on the PC keyboard.

I tried many times this commands below, but the cursor still move and still
show when the arrows keys are pressured.

enqueueCommand(BRL_CMD_CSRTRK | BRL_FLG_TOGGLE_OFF);
enqueueCommand(BRL_CMD_CSRVIS | BRL_FLG_TOGGLE_OFF);
enqueueCommand(BRL_CMD_CSRHIDE | BRL_FLG_TOGGLE_OFF);
enqueueCommand(BRL_CMD_CSRBLINK | BRL_FLG_TOGGLE_OFF);
enqueueCommand(BRL_CMD_CSRSIZE | BRL_FLG_TOGGLE_OFF);

I researched many times and in many classes of BRLTTY project to try to
modify the source code, to not send the cursor, but didn´t work. So, we
need you help to solve this problem. The video that we allowed for you, is
our prototype, and it were made with the leds, when is possible to see the
Braille cells with the text and the cursor moving when the arrows keys are
pressured for right side.

2011/12/7 Dave Mielke <dave at mielke.cc>

> [quoted lines by Phillip on 2011/12/07 at 13:52 -0200]
>
> >this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcEB-aiy7ac show the cursor
> >moving, when the arrows key is pressed.
>
> I'm not understanding the problem. The arrow keys are supposed to move the
> cursor. Could you please describe the problem in as much detail as
> possible?
>
> --
> Dave Mielke           | 2213 Fox Crescent | The Bible is the very Word of
> God.
> Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | 2011 May 21 is the End of
> Salvation.
> EMail: dave at mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | http://Mielke.cc/now.html

Engenheiro Filipe Oliveira Bernardes
Santa Rita do Sapucaí  - MG