[BRLTTY] Contraction errors and patch: Methodistical and friends

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sat Jul 30 10:46:50 EDT 2011

[quoted lines by Lee Maschmeyer on 2011/07/29 at 13:21 -0400]

>In words like contradistinction (currently done right) you can't use
>the st sign because the base word is distinction and you use the dis
>sign there.

seems silly, but, I guess, rules are rules. I suppose the same silly rule
applies
to the words "equidistant" and "interdistrict".

>Aspidistra: I can't find any uses of this word among my Web-Braille
>books so I don't know how the Library of Congress would
>rule. Currently brltty does not use the st sign. I'm suggesting that
>it should.

What about humidistat? The "st" contraction should probably be used there as
well.

Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | 2011 May 21 is the End of Salvation.