[BRLTTY] Contraction error and patch: Kettledrum

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Wed Jun 1 10:26:13 EDT 2011

Jason White <jason at jasonjgw.net> writes:

> Are these going into the translation tables of liblouis as well, or are we
> faced with a situation in which, for example, Orca users receive the benefit
> only when working at the console?

Yes, you're unfortunately right, while the table format is roughly
the same (not identical AFAIK), the contents seems to be quite different
and maintained by separate people.  I just checked this for the german
grade 2 contraction, which has indeed been developed
completely separately from the version I wrote for brltty.

That said, the liblouis version is definitely better regarding
exceptions, so I will have to sit down and attempt a merge
of the good ideas from liblouis's table.

Its kind of said to see so much duplicated work though.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕