[BRLTTY] Contraction error and patch: Kettledrum

Shérab Sebastien.Hinderer at ens-lyon.org
Wed Jun 1 14:35:39 EDT 2011

Hello,

Mario Lang (2011/06/01 16:26 +0200):
> Yes, you're unfortunately right, while the table format is roughly
> the same (not identical AFAIK), the contents seems to be quite different
> and maintained by separate people.  I just checked this for the german
> grade 2 contraction, which has indeed been developed
> completely separately from the version I wrote for brltty.
>
> That said, the liblouis version is definitely better regarding
> exceptions, so I will have to sit down and attempt a merge
> of the good ideas from liblouis's table.
>
> Its kind of said to see so much duplicated work though.

Agreed. Before any merge is attempted, shouldn't we discuss the
possibility that both brltty and liblouis use the same table format ? Or
even better, that brltty uses liblouis to contract braille ?

Or perhaps this has already been discussed here in the past ?
If that is the case any URL pointing to the concerned thread would be
warmly appreciated.

Best wishes,
S.