[BRLTTY] new user with problems

Lee Maschmeyer leemer1 at comcast.net
Wed Nov 9 09:55:47 EST 2011

First, in case it's not known yet, to see a complete list of commands
and their key bindings, do: dots 1456.

Getting grade two is a trifle abstruse. First, you have to specify the
contraction table which, as previously mentioned, is en.us.g2. To get
brltty to actually use it, issue the six-dot-braille toggle which is
dots 2346.

All of this can be specified in the configuration file which is (at
least usually) /etc/brltty.conf. Once this has been set up the command
line is simple:

brltty

If you're building from the tarball you'll probably have to hand copy
the configuration file from the source tree:

cp Documents/brltty.conf /etc

Note that I don't have a BrailleLite so can't check these commands so
I dearly hope I didn't make any typos...

BTW, that README is a trifle obsolete. At least it gives the wrong
location for the help text which now seems to be:

/etc/brltty/brl-bl-18.txt

HTH,

--

Lee Maschmeyer

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear
to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than
what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."
     --Lewis Carroll