[BRLTTY] Would BRLTTY be of use on Android?

Nolan Darilek nolan at thewordnerd.info
Thu Nov 17 11:47:23 EST 2011

On 11/17/2011 10:31 AM, Rob Hudson wrote:
> I'm all for braille support, but doesn't that sorta defeat the purpose
> of a mobile phone? Not discouraging, just asking questions.

How, exactly? Stop thinking of only phones, and realize that we're
talking about tablets as well. Also, stop thinking of them as devices
for talking and texting, but rather as small computers. People are
already surfing the web, reading books and performing other tasks on
their iDevices in Braille, and it seems to work for them. If you don't
want that, just leave the portable display behind.