[BRLTTY] Would BRLTTY be of use on Android?

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Thu Nov 17 19:07:18 EST 2011

Nolan Darilek, le Thu 17 Nov 2011 12:05:05 -0600, a écrit :
> I think that STDIN/STDOUT would be easier if only because there are fewer
> moving parts. Just open the process in a pipe and read/write to it vs.
> managing a separate socket and its associated permissions.

Well, it seems to me that the stdin/stdout is more clumsy to manage.
With a local socket, you can precisely choose which application(s) can
access it (and not only one).

I'm not saying that brltty can't achieve brlapi over stdin/stdout,
that's entirely feasible. But it seems binding our hands to me.

Samuel