[BRLTTY] BRLTTY and the latex-access project by means of python brlapi module

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Tue Nov 29 19:55:03 EST 2011

Daniel Dalton, le Tue 29 Nov 2011 21:14:52 +1100, a écrit :
> but if I'm switching to an entirely new terminal
> i.e. under the screen emulator, so on the same console, the Braille
> display still remains under the control of my application and not
> BRLTTY. Is there an easy way to handle this?

No. There are two things at stake:

- screen acts as a "subscreen". In principle it would simply require
screen to connect to brltty to tell it which window is currently active.
(libbrlapi can know which screen window they are in through the WINDOW
environment variable, but it's disabled due to the second thing).
- screen allows to detach from the application, and then reattach from
somewhere else. Possibly even via ssh. The proper solution would be for
screen to actually embed a brlapi multiplexer (just like it does tty
multiplexing). I have failed to get time to implement something like
this for years now :/

Samuel