[BRLTTY] BRLTTY and the latex-access project by means of python brlapi module

Daniel Dalton d.dalton at iinet.net.au
Wed Nov 30 05:26:49 EST 2011

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 01:55:03AM +0100, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Daniel Dalton, le Tue 29 Nov 2011 21:14:52 +1100, a écrit :
> > but if I'm switching to an entirely new terminal
> > i.e. under the screen emulator, so on the same console, the Braille
> > display still remains under the control of my application and not
> > BRLTTY. Is there an easy way to handle this?
>
> No. There are two things at stake:
<snip>

Indeed. That makes sense. So my users will just need to deal with the
fact that when they switch screen terms they'd probably like to disable
my Braille application component? I presume this would be the same for
all applications in this situation?

At start up if the user begins my app under screen is there a better way
to figure out the console number than a prompt to the user?

Thanks for your help,
Dan