[BRLTTY] Documents/README.Bluetooth: what do I do with it?

Lee Maschmeyer leemer1 at comcast.net
Fri Sep 2 14:48:07 EDT 2011

Hi folks,

Doubtless this is a really dumb question but I want to make sure of my
understanding:

README.Bluetooth tells me the command (hciconfig hci0) to find my
host's bluetooth address. It then tells me to go into
/var/lib/bluetooth/<thataddress> and look at the file pincodes. It
then gives a sample of a possible pincodes file. I understand that I
take the first field of one of these lines and use brltty's -d command
to point brltty to the device. Using the sample pincodes file it would
be:

brltty -b<whatever> -d12:34:56:78:9A:BC

I take it I just ignore the pin? Or, if I have set my device's pin
will it show up in pincodes so I'll know which address to use for the
-d command? Will the device have the same Bluetooth address every time
the computer starts?

Thanks in advance,

--

Lee Maschmeyer

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear
to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than
what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."
     --Lewis Carroll