[BRLTTY] Is some documentation possible?

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Fri Sep 23 14:52:50 EDT 2011

[quoted lines by Jean-Philippe MENGUAL on 2011/09/23 at 17:18 +0200]

>I have a lot of problems to know how I can use BRLTTY on an Iris braille
>display (Eurkhraille driver). Firstly, I search for keyboard bindings
>for brltty functions.

The EuroBraille driver hasn't been converted to use key tables yet. You can,
however, find a description of its key bindings within the file
"brl-eu-all.txt". This file can be found either within the "Tables/"
subdirectory of the source tree or within the directory "/etc/brltty/" (after
install).

>Lastly, I search specific driver parameters (such as -B). I know -B
>protocol=clio but I search for variants if there are,

Protocol is the only parameter supported by the EuroBraille driver. It can be
set to either "clio" or "esysiris".

>to speed the boot of Iris connection.

If you're still using brltty-4.2, I think you'll find that the EuroBraille
driver works a lot better, including faster, if you build from the development
stream.

Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | 2011 May 21 is the End of Salvation.