[BRLTTY] BC640: five blank cells and a block

Lee Maschmeyer leemer1 at comcast.net
Wed Sep 28 14:17:34 EDT 2011

Hi folks,

I got my BC640 back from Alva today. They upgraded me from firmware
2.8.1 to 2.6. Isn't that neat? Not much works. Starting with what
hopefully is the easiest, there are five blank cells and a raised block
on the left end of the display. I'd think it was status cells except
that brltty says there are no status cells and when I modify it to say
the status cells are on the left it puts the normal Alva
three-character status cells, to the right of that raised block. So
the Alva internal menus say there are no status cells and brltty says
there are no status cells but the display starts in cell seven. When I
press the cursor routing buttons to change values in the preferences
menu (which I have to invoke from the keypad since none of the Alva's
keys work) the routing buttons to the left of the seventh don't have
any effect. This is connecting via USB and using brltty 5782 on Ubuntu
8.04.4.

I'll put off logs of key presses etc. until the display itself gets
straightened out if that's OK.

Thanks,

--

Lee Maschmeyer

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear
to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than
what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."
     --Lewis Carroll