[BRLTTY] BC640: five blank cells and a block

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Wed Sep 28 18:49:31 EDT 2011

[quoted lines by Lee Maschmeyer on 2011/09/28 at 14:17 -0400]

>there are five blank cells and a raised block on the left end of the display.
>I'd think it was status cells except that brltty says there are no status
>cells and when I modify it to say the status cells are on the left it puts the
>normal Alva three-character status cells, to the right of that raised block.

This implies that the cells have been set aside by the Alva itself. This could
be for one of two reasons. The first is that a status cell region can be
defined within the BC640's menu. The other is that the BC640's split point
feature may be enabled.

How many text cells does brltty say there are? I'm assuming, at this point,
that brltty is reporting 34 text cells (40 - the five blank cells minus the
block separator cell).

Could yo let us know what every setting within the BC640's menu pertaining to
either status cells or split point is set to?

Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | 2011 May 21 is the End of Salvation.