[BRLTTY] Alva BC640 question

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Fri Sep 30 00:24:11 EDT 2011

[quoted lines by Tom Masterson on 2011/09/29 at 19:36 -0700]

>Log.1 contains each of the keys from left to right pressed twice with
>the space between braille key 1 and the windows key.
>
>log.2 contains chords of space, windows, enter, ctrl, and alt keys in
>combination with brl key one.
>
>log.3 contains (, ), A, B, C.  Everything worked as expected accept
>that key 7 produces a j, and the parens did not work.  For teh sake
>of completeness I made the open paren by pressing dots 1,2,3,5,6 and
>teh close paren by pressing 2,3,4,5,6.

It looks like brltty is actually now doing roughly what it's supposed to be
doing with these keys. Put a different way, the device is indeed sending HID
keyboard packets and brltty is correctly processing those packets. Now we just
need to learn a bit more about the BC FP's tables which govern what these keys
generate. Does it have settings for this? If so, what are the settings called
and what can each of them be set to? If there are tables, are you able to
access them (perhaps they're on the BC's system drive)? If you can access the
tables, would you be able to send them to me?

Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | 2011 May 21 is the End of Salvation.