[BRLTTY] thanks and usb/serial adapters?

Tom Fowle wa6ivgtf at fastmail.fm
Fri Apr 20 13:36:35 EDT 2012

Greetings:
first many thanks for brltty, works just great.
Using an ABT380 on fedora 7, (upgrading soon!)

No problems installing/setting up.

In case I want to install on a machine without a serial port (dumb,dumb!)
are there reccommendations for a USB-serial adapter that works with brltty
and alva 380?

Also, although I don't need brltty's speech as also have speakup,
can brltty drive a doubletalk PC? Don't see it in the docs.

thanks again for all the great work and the very cool program.
especially routing is so very fast using "Joe's own editor" etc.

Tom Fowle
Retired rehab engineer Hayward CA.