[BRLTTY] thanks and usb/serial adapters?

S. Massy lists at wolfdream.ca
Fri Apr 20 14:37:15 EDT 2012

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 10:36:35AM -0700, Tom Fowle wrote:
> Greetings:
> first many thanks for brltty, works just great.
> Using an ABT380 on fedora 7, (upgrading soon!)
>
> No problems installing/setting up.
>
> In case I want to install on a machine without a serial port (dumb,dumb!)
> are there reccommendations for a USB-serial adapter that works with brltty
> and alva 380?
There shouldn't be any problem. I've used several adapters using the
Prolific chip and the pl2303 driver and never had any trouble. It will
even work from a live CD or installation media. One thing you should
know, though, is that the device will be called /dev/ttyUSB# as opposed
to the usual /dev/ttyS#.

Cheers,
S.M.