[BRLTTY] Keypad bindings and copy buffer

Lee Maschmeyer leemer1 at comcast.net
Thu Aug 9 17:17:26 EDT 2012

On Thu, Aug 09, 2012 at 04:43:44PM -0400, Nicolas Pitre wrote:

> If the BC640 reports auto-repeated keys with consecutive press events
> then the BRLTTY driver could just ignore subsequent press events for
> each keys until the release event is seen.  This way that wouldn't make
> a difference if auto-repeat is enabled or not in the device.

Um, without knowing anything about the code that's kind of what I
think too. But up to now the instructions have been to turn off
autorepeat in the device which I would rather not do.

Getting back to the main topic, we have keypad keys assigned to the
use of the copy buffer which are useless in very many situations
because they require that the system cursor be moved. If we could get
away from requiring the cursor to move without effacing the braille
those commands could be used if anyone wants to use them.

--

Lee Maschmeyer

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear
to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than
what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."
     --Lewis Carroll