[BRLTTY] Brltty on arch linux?

Cheryl Homiak cahomiak at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 13:34:04 EDT 2012

I just made the mistake of upgrading arch linux on my vmware fusion installation, which I hadn't done for a while. I now can't run brltty. Nothing happens on my display. The information I get is this:

2012-08-16 at 12:10:14.982 BRLTTY 4.3 rev 5477 [http://mielke.cc/brltty/]
2012-08-16 at 12:10:14.990 Can't get dbus session bus: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NotSupported Unable to autolaunch a dbus-daemon without a $DISPLAY for X11

I found a bug on this but I haven't found a resolution to it. I'm just using my braillelite 40 with arch linux in console, not trying to run orca. Is there a fix for this?

--
Cheryl

May the words of my mouth
and the meditation of my heart