[BRLTTY] USB brailledisplays with OpenBSD

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Sun Aug 26 14:58:24 EDT 2012

Emanuel Helms <ehelms89 at googlemail.com> writes:

> Thanks for your fast answers. Currently I have no access to an OpenBSD machine, I hope I can send you the error messages in a few days.
>
> Its an OpenBSD 5.1 with brltty 3.6 (Original OpenBSD package).
>
> The Papenmeier was recognized as ucom2. So I tested out all serial devices first. Most of the messages I got was, that the device is not configured.

Its been long, but doesn't ucom2 imply that it was detected as a serial
to usb adaptor?  I might be wrong, but are you sure that these devices
will actually appear as /dev/cua*?  Isnt it possible they appear under
some different name in /dev?

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕ | Debian Developer <URL:http://debian.org/>
  .''`. | Get my public key via finger mlang/key at db.debian.org
 : :' : | 1024D/7FC1A0854909BCCDBE6C102DDFFC022A6B113E44
 `. `'