[BRLTTY] brl_identify()

timothyhobbs at seznam.cz timothyhobbs at seznam.cz
Fri Feb 24 17:27:36 EST 2012

OK, so I've started working on the C driver(and have to present the device to my professor next week :O ).
https://github.com/timthelion/FCHAD/blob/master/braille.c  If anyone ends up looking at that file, don't be concerned by the fact that it's mostly python code that is being excluded by the precompiler.  My methodology is to write and test the driver in python first, and then rewrite in C.  So the python code is a fully functional version of the driver which now must be translated to C.  It turns out things aren't as bad as I had thought in that I am finding that I can for the most part copy and paste the firmware(which is written in arduino's C++ like ino language) into the C file and only make slight changes...

I do however have a few more questions.  Currently the file which I linked to builds fine but brltty spits out:
brltty: /home/timothy/works/current/braille/braille-mouse/brltty-driver/brltty-4.3-dev/src/brltty-4.3/Programs/../lib/libbrlttybfc.so: undefined symbol: itoa

when I run it with
$ ./run-brltty -b fc -x a2 -e -n

Is it possible to make it NOT build fine, and make it give me these kinds of errors when I do
$ make
?
Like by passing an argument to ./configure ...
Sorry if I'm asking silly questions.  I'm not a C programmer, I'm a pedagogy student! :D

Thank you very much,
Timothy