[BRLTTY] brl_identify()

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Fri Feb 24 21:19:13 EST 2012

[quoted lines by timothyhobbs at seznam.cz on 2012/02/24 at 23:27 +0100]

>Currently the file which I linked to builds fine but brltty spits out: brltty:
>/home/timothy/works/current/braille/braille-mouse/brltty-driver/brltty-4.3-dev/src/brltty-4.3/Programs/../lib/libbrlttybfc.so:
>undefined symbol: itoa

What's itoa? I don't have a man page for it.

>Is it possible to make it NOT build fine, and make it give me these kinds of
>errors when I do $ make ? Like by passing an argument to ./configure ...

I just tested this. The error isn't reported by the linker when building a
shared object. It's only reported at run-time when the shared object can't
resolve the external reference.

>Sorry if I'm asking silly questions.

On this list it's illegal to believe that a silly question is being asked
(either by oneself or by another). All questions are good ones which deserve
good answers.

>I'm not a C programmer, I'm a pedagogy student! :D

Now there's a term I need to look up. I've heard it before but don't know what
it means.

Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | 2011 May 21 is the End of Salvation.
EMail: dave at mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | http://Mielke.cc/now.html