[BRLTTY] Issue with braillex els 40.

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Mon Jul 2 10:52:10 EDT 2012

[quoted lines by Anders Holmberg on 2012/07/02 at 13:22 +0200]

>I don't know if this is an issue with brltty or the braillex 40 s it self.
>However the braillex Els 40 goes in to speep mode after a while if
>its not being used.
>I have problems making the braillex go out of that sleep mode when
>brltty is loaded.
>Some dots are vibrating like they're trying to wake up but they can't
>for some reason.
>The only sollusion to this is to disconnect and reconnect the display.

This sounds more like a USB port power delivery problem.

>But then we have this litle problem that sometimes brltty closes down
>so i have to start it manually.

This shouldn't happen. Brltty should be retrying, every few seconds, until it
sees the braille device again. How long are you waiting before restarting
brltty?

If brltty really is stopping then could you please post a log file for us to
look at. To create a log file, please add the following two options:

   -ldebug (lowercase l)
   -L/path/to/logfile (uppercase L)

When you have the log file, just attach it to a message to this list.

>Just a quick problem not from a windows user.
>Using windows 7 64 bit.

These statements seem to be contradictory - not a Windwos user, but using
Windows 7 64-bit.

Phone: 1-613-726-0014 | Ottawa, Ontario   | 2011 May 21 is the End of Salvation.
EMail: dave at mielke.cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | http://Mielke.cc/now.html