[BRLTTY] Sluggishness in Cygwin

Lars Bjørndal lars at lamasti.net
Tue Jul 3 10:37:37 EDT 2012

This is maybe a question for Samuel. I've noticed for a long time that
BRLTTY get sluggished in Cygwin after having the session open for a
while and using braille navigation and cursor routing heavily. My
current setup is Win7 64 bit, Cygwin 1.7.15(0.260/5/3) with BRLTTY
compiled from yesterdays SVN, with a Handy Tech Modular Evolution
braille display. It happened with earlier versions of Cygwin/BRLTTY as
well.

The first thing that happen e.g. an hour after starting BRLTTY, is that
the sounds from the program isn't always played. Then, after a while,
braille navigation keys takes some time to respond. I can restart
cygwin/BRLTTY, and all is fine until next time it happens.

Thanks and regards,

Lars