[BRLTTY] feedback to the latest improvements was: Re: Error when building BRLTTY

Sebastian Humenda shumenda at gmx.de
Sat May 19 16:03:16 EDT 2012

Hello Dave,

Dave Mielke <dave at mielke.cc> schrieb am 19.05.2012, 14:02 -0400:
>[quoted lines by Sebastian Humenda on 2012/05/19 at 19:40 +0200]
>>I'd love to have the possibility to have the cursor set to the next line, when
>>the display reaches the end of the line / the display moves on the next one.
>>This is useful when reading fluently and getting at the end of the window.
>
>Which function are you using to read when you'd like this to occur?
The function to go one display length forward/backward (FWINLT/FWINRT). But I
think Up/Down should react as well, when in this mode.

>>BTW, there seems to be no binding for the new speech commands in the
>>kbd-laptop.ktb. I don't use most of them, but could you bind SPEAK_NEXT_WORD and
>>SPEAK_PREV_WORD to Caps ArrowLeft and Caps +ArrowRight?
>
>What should arrow up/down be? Which other bindings would be useful in that key
>table?
Up/Down are currently LNUP and LNDN and that makes sense, IMHO.

I would like to see some suggestions by other users since I don't need most of
the other functions.

>Could someone give me an idea regarding what key combinations Speakup and Orca
>use so that we can try to not confrlict with them?
Caps+Space e. g. for the preferences. Also Caps and every letter letter
reachable bei the right hand for keypad simulation (7890uiopjklmm,.).

Can't BRLTTY just determine when it's under X and then disable the keyboard
keys?

I found another two other problems:
1. Umlaute are not spoken in the preferences menu.
2. The copy / paste command don't work any more with a Pegasus 40 display. After
  pressing the initial CutBegin kombination, the routing key routes the cursor
  instead of starting the cut.

Thanks
Sebastian
--
Blog (English | Deutsch): http://crustulus.de/blog
Teste das freie Latein-Deutsch-Wörterbuch: