[BRLTTY] feedback to the latest improvements was: Re: Error when building BRLTTY

Sebastian Humenda shumenda at gmx.de
Sun May 20 04:24:10 EDT 2012

Hello Dave,

Dave Mielke <dave at mielke.cc> schrieb am 20.05.2012,  3:28 -0400:
>[quoted lines by Sebastian Humenda on 2012/05/19 at 22:03 +0200]
>>The function to go one display length forward/backward (FWINLT/FWINRT). But I
>>think Up/Down should react as well, when in this mode.
>
>Am I correct that what you'd like is for movement of the braille display to
>drag the system cursor?
Yes, that is it.

>If so, are you asking for a preference to enable/disable such a mode?
Yes. The scenario is that one would bind such a function to the braille display
and then one can enable contraction +this functionality and read fluently
without interruption.

>>Up/Down are currently LNUP and LNDN and that makes sense, IMHO.
>
>Another user posted a set of bindings for the new speech navigation functions
>which uses right control and right shift. Should we be using those instead
>within the laptop key table?
>
>Perhaps that other user (I forget his name at the moment) could post his latest
>set of bindings.
Ah, that was Eric. It might be a good idea to try out those, since right control
and right shift aren't used by any of the screen readers known to me.

>>>Could someone give me an idea regarding what key combinations Speakup and Orca
>>>use so that we can try to not confrlict with them?
>>Caps+Space e. g. for the preferences. Also Caps and every letter letter
>>reachable bei the right hand for keypad simulation (7890uiopjklmm,.).
>
>That'd be for Orca, right? What about for Speakup?
Indeed, for Orca. I don't use Speakup (and I'll never be, since BRLTTY does a
even better job).

>>Can't BRLTTY just determine when it's under X and then disable the keyboard
>>keys?
>
>That's not quite so easy. It may not even be right. It could be, for example,
>that brltty's navigation functions are better than Orca's when within a text
>window.
Ok, but then we should always have a close look at what key bindings are used by
which screen reader. AFAIK, e. g. Orca Caps+d for date/time access and BRLTTY
uses it to describe a character.

>>The copy / paste command don't work any more with a Pegasus 40 display. After
>>pressing the initial CutBegin kombination, the routing key routes the cursor
>>instead of starting the cut.
>
>For all routing keys or for specific ones (like maybe just for the leftmost
>one)?
For all. I've changed the key table, which worked in 4.2 and I just copied it
to the 4.4. If you could have a look, we could at least exclude this as the
problem.
I've attached it to this mail.

Thanks!
Sebastian
--
Blog (English | Deutsch): http://crustulus.de/blog
Teste das freie Latein-Deutsch-Wörterbuch: