[BRLTTY] feedback to the latest improvements was: Re: Error when building BRLTTY

Nicolas Pitre nico at fluxnic.net
Tue May 22 11:46:59 EDT 2012

On Mon, 21 May 2012, Dave Mielke wrote:

> What format should the date and time be shown in? I guess we could have a
> submenu with a few options.

Also the system locale should provide you with the standard
representation for the configured country/language.

> Which choices should we offer?

First the date format (International ISO 8601 vs US standard):

	yyyy-mm-dd
	mm/dd/yyyy

Then the time format (12h vs 24h):

	23:59:59
	11:59:59 PM

> Also, is it possible
> that date/time is one value which may best be represented differently in
> braille versus speech?

Certainly.  In speech it is best to tell the date and time as close as a
human would, but that pauses huge localisation challenges.

Nicolas