[BRLTTY] Would it be easy to make compression of spaces optional?

Lee Maschmeyer leemer1 at comcast.net
Tue May 29 14:23:55 EDT 2012

Hi folks,

In English grade 2 braille most consecutive spaces (except those
preceding the cursor) are compressed into one. This comes in handy as
it keeps things from being scattered over the display. Often I switch
to grade two specifically to get this compression.

Once in awhile, though, it's a disadvantage. Right now I have a
document set up in three columns. Using grade two on this results in a
virtually unreadable mess.

With these submenus we have now would it be easy to put in a switch so
we could turn off the consecutive space elimination facility? Of
course I could read it in computer braille but I kind of like grade
two. :-)

Only if it's trivial to do though,

--

Lee Maschmeyer

"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear
to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than
what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."
     --Lewis Carroll