[BRLTTY] Recommended live distribution

Klaus Knopper brltty at knopper.net
Wed Sep 19 11:54:35 EDT 2012

Hello Nicolas,

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 11:43:21AM -0400, Nicolas Pitre wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Sep 2012, Klaus Knopper wrote:
>
> > I was not discussing brltty, just trying to help concerning the live
> > CD. SBL has been inspired a lot by brltty, of course.
>
> Why did you fork BRLTTY into SBL instead of contributing back its extra
> features to BRLTTY directly?

I'd recommend that you discuss this issue with the origin developers of
SBL instead of me. I just did some minor modifications.

There were reeasons for them to create SBL with a lot of code from
brltty and a lot of code from themselves, and there were probably also
good reasons for brlttys developers why the new code in SBL, like
keyboard-only navigation and profiles, was not adopted into brltty. This
was before my time. I use SBL because it has all the features that I
need for my distro.

Since SBL is also GPL, feel free to adopt as much code as you want in
brltty, but I know that the braille interface is very different now from
what it was in the past.

Regards
-Klaus