[BRLTTY] odd message from Brltty

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Wed Apr 3 00:10:35 EDT 2013

Rob Hudson <captinlogic at gmail.com> wrote:
> When I log into the gdm login, I get a message from Brltty that says "not in
> text mode." Is this normal? Orca works fine after that but I wonder if it is
> something that I should worry about or fix.

When you say that Orca works normally after that, are you saying that it
displays everything correctly in braille as it should, or that it only uses
speech and not braille?

If the latter, then you have a problem to solve. If it's only giving that
message temporarily but then presenting everything in braille properly, then
it's probably only a transitional issue while Orca is loading that need not be
of any concern.