[BRLTTY] USB support on Active Braille

Lars Bjørndal lars at lamasti.net
Thu Apr 4 09:56:02 EDT 2013

Hi, Mario!

You wrote:

> Mario Lang <mlang at delysid.org> writes:
>
>> lars at lamasti.net (Lars Bjørndal) writes:
>>
>>> With recent svn versions of BRLTTY, there is something horrible wrong
>>> with the USB support on Handy Tech Active Braille. The braille display
>>> isn't updated unless you press a key on the display itself. So if brltty
>>> is started and you type something at the command line prompt, the typed
>>> text isn't on the display untill you press a key on the display.
>>>
>>> I have firmware version 2.1, which is an unofficial version.
>>
>> I can now confirm your problem description on a device with Firmware
>> 2.5.
>
> And here is the real fix, relative to subversion HEAD (r6834).

Today, I upgraded Active Braille to 2.7 and BRLTTY to rev 6925M. (I had
a source rpm, and used that one for now.) I have two problems when
running Active Braille on USB:

1. If Active Braille shows the startup message when starting BRLTTY, I
get a message about "Saving configuration!". I can cancel that message
by pressing esc, and activate PC-mode to operate normally with BRLTTY.
However, this seems to be a bug.

2. When exiting BRLTTY, I cannot turn off the Active braille. I do need to
reset it by holding the on/off button for a while.

Thanks and regards,

Lars