[BRLTTY] brltty-latest.apk

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Sun Apr 7 16:44:51 EDT 2013

"S. Massy" <lists at wolfdream.ca> writes:

> On Sun, Apr 07, 2013 at 10:55:57AM -0400, Dave Mielke wrote:
>> [quoted lines by Dietmar Segbert on 2013/04/07 at 16:28 +0200]
>>
>> >In the settings for accessibility i can activate brltty, bt if i activate
>> >setting of brltty), a message "brltty stopped OK" appears on the screen.
>> > Must i activate some other settings?
>>
>> No. When you get that dialog, it means that brltty has probably crashed. What
>> we need you to do, as soon as possible after such a crash, is to capture a log
>> and send it to us (attaching to a message to this list is fine). There are
>> notes in README.Android on how to do this. The command is:
> I'm a little behind here. Do we have a version of brltty running on
> Android?

Yes.

> Can it drive a display via USB? The BT chip in my display seems to be
> dead and I would very much like to try this, if possible.

If your phone can behave as a USB host (also called OTG these days) and
you have a proper cable for it, yes, this should work.  I haven't done
so myself since as I understand it, I would need to root our Nexus S to
enable its USB host capabilities, but I understand that Dave is or has
been using BRLTTY via USB on Android.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕ | Debian Developer <URL:http://debian.org/>
  .''`. | Get my public key via finger mlang/key at db.debian.org
 : :' : | 1024D/7FC1A0854909BCCDBE6C102DDFFC022A6B113E44
 `. `'