[BRLTTY] Contraction table writers: New helper functionality in brltty-ctb

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Tue Apr 16 11:30:13 EDT 2013

Nicolas Pitre <nico at fluxnic.net> writes:

> On Tue, 16 Apr 2013, Mario Lang wrote:
>
>> Hi.
>>
>> I just want to introduce a new feature which has just been committed to
>> the subversion repository: brltty-ctb can now generate and verify
>> so-colled contraction verification tables.  [...]
>
> That's very nice.

Thanks.  I've been thinking about this since at least 2 years, but
finally found the time to actually try and implement it myself.  It
turned out that it wasn't so hard.  Our quite nice internal API made
this rather easy.

> Another very useful thing is to verify rule coverage.  It is also
> important to make sure your test input does exercise all the available
> rules for correctness, and if not then what are the rules that didn't
> get used so to let you complement your test input with the missing
> words.
>
> I didn't look at it and maybe the feature is already there?

No, as far as I know, this is not possible yet.  If I understand things
correctly, this would involve a change to the contraction table
translation code (ctb_translate.c).  We'd probably just need a use-count
for every rule.
brltty-ctb could then emit/describe all rules with a use-count of 0 if a
certain flag is passed (something like --coverage).

I actually thought about something similar just recently.  Maybe I will
take a look at this, but I can not really promise anything just yet.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕ | Debian Developer <URL:http://debian.org/>
  .''`. | Get my public key via finger mlang/key at db.debian.org
 : :' : | 1024D/7FC1A0854909BCCDBE6C102DDFFC022A6B113E44
 `. `'