[BRLTTY] Android app?

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Thu Apr 18 12:03:31 EDT 2013

[quoted lines by Mallard on 2013/04/18 at 14:27 +0200]

>I'm very  interested in BRLTTY for Android.
>Is it a stand-alone app, or does it work in conjunction with Brailleback?

It's a standalone app, although it's also been designed to work well together
with TalkBack.

>Brailleback doesn't support my braille display (Touchme5 by Seika),
>which works perfectly well with BRLTTY both in Windows and Linux.

I haven't heard of the ToucMe5. Is it a Seika NoteTaker model?

>If I could use it in Android also, it would be fantastic!

If it works with brltty on Linux, it should also work on Android. The only
exception to this is that serial devices aren't supported. So far, brltty on
Android only supports Bluetooth and USB.