[BRLTTY] android app

Mallard mallard at ilgerone.net
Thu Apr 18 16:55:38 EDT 2013

Hello Rob,
I know very little about Android myself, as I've only had this
smartphone for a few months, and not used it to full capacity yet.

I can't use brialle, because Brailleback doesn't supporto my display, so
I was hoping (and still am) to be able to work with BRLTTY.

The choice between a smartphone and a tablet is entirely up to you; it
depends on what you want to do.
You can read books on a smartphone and on a tablet; you can read text on
a smartphone and on a tablet...

As to the braille display, yes. I'd suggest a small one, like the small
one by Hims, which is called Luce in Italian, but might be Light in
English (not sure).
Or Braillepen, or any 20-cell thingy.

I have this 40-cell Seika, which I bought for my pc, and because you can
read text from a pendrive with it. I don't use braille keyboards, so I
didn't want a display that can also write. But with a smartphone it
might be a good idea to speed things up a bit.

If you can, however, try to stick to Pure google devices, which receive
their updates straight from Google, as soon as new Android versions are
released. This way you'll always have the latest features, without
having to move on to a custom rom.

Not very helpful, I realise, but I don't want to give you misleading
information...
Ciao,
Ollie